Monday 25 June 2007

I WANT IT NOW.

When I got married many years ago, my spanking new husband and I set up home in a garage that had been converted into a granny flat.We had second hand furniture, only allowed to use the laundry between certain hours on one day of the week. We had one car between us, and both worked 5.days a week.

WE WERE VERY HAPPY. WE had every thing we wanted at that time. We saved and worked hard, we eventually purchased our first home, raised two dogs then started a family. in that order.

The want it now generation have no idea about the concept. "Everything in it's own time"

First they have kids, then borrow money with that all to easy to get credit card for that must have flat screen TV. then get kicked out of that two bedroom unit that is two months behind in rent. I could go on but I am getting angry just thinking about it.

When did everything get so screwed up.

Who is to blame. The media, Parents, School......or is it just greed the "Excessive desire to acquire or possess more (especially more material wealth) than one needs or deserves.


2 comments:

Louise said...

I remember when my hubby & I started out, we had borrowed furnture and saved up for each new purchase and paid cash for it. I only finally bought a new dining room table 2 years ago after using my mother in laws original dining setting for the first 23 years of our marriage.
early on someone told me: you can have it all, but you can't have it all at once!

Ann Non said...

Thank you for your comment Louise.

We have a generation that has truly missed out. The enjoyment is in the journey.
I wouldn't swap those hard times for anything.