Wednesday 10 November 2010

FUNDRAISER HOW EMBARRASSING


What would be more embarrassing, have some one throw you a much needed fundraiser or have no one show up to the fundraiser. Don't get me wrong I am ever so grateful that anyone would want to help in this way, to go to all the trouble to organise an event. send out invitations, design memo, organise raffles request donations from businesses that usually ignore requests of this nature, there is so much to do. to ensure it goes smoothly. Then waiting for replies that don't come. Or reply of "so sorry I can't come" Its all consuming. It's all to hard. Life is all too hard.
I see the event a bit like watching your own funeral unfold ...no one is there to see you off. Its like a rehearsal, you post the add in the paper. But there is no one at the funeral except the Ladies in White.

That's why I am going to be cremated and will have someone spread my ashes somewhere peaceful, because believe me my life has been anything but peaceful. So I will want peace in death. I will not have a headstone not even a cross. nothing...

I fear no one will show up for the funeral..so the last thing I would want is a neglected grave site..that would be so embarrassing....but I will be dead so I wont care..

or if they do .. I would wonder why..!!!





1 comment:

Ann Non said...

There was 150 guest present on this night, it was huge success.

note to self stop worrying about things that may never happen, and let the universe take care of it self.