Thursday 9 October 2008

Saving more and Earning less


I don't know know about you but I am sick and tired with Banks being deceitful in their advertising. Eg: A certain Bank advertised, open a high interest account with us and receive 8.10% on your savings, if you already have an account we will give you 8.10% for every dollar you bank from the start of this promotional period. Sounds good. I later discover the catch...in the 6point print at the very bottom of a very long page its continues..if you have had an account with us prior to June 2008 this offer does not apply...Gotcha!


Here is another


an offer of 7.51% if you invest in a term deposit for 5months. sounds good. for the sake of this blog according to the banks calculator I should receive $2009 interest for this period...I agree and join up.. on receiving the details after the account is set up. It states my interest on maturity would be $2000.. not much of a difference not enough to bother to complain about....you agree...


Imagine how many customers are being ripped off $9.00 on their investment. 1000 clients 10,000 clients maybe 200,000 clients I think you can see where this is heading.

$9 x 200,000 = $1,800,000... I wonder if I could get away with doing that...


MAKES ME SO BLOODY ANGRY

No comments: