Monday 2 July 2007

THE HARDEST JOB OF ALL.

The hardest job of all is to do nothing. Its so hard to sit and watch my girls grow up and become independent.
My youngest went for her first driving lesson today. If that was not enough to handle her friend tells me as we both stood and watched her get in behind the steering wheel, that she was already planning on buying her own car and looking forward to traveling, I am not ready to let her go. were the thoughts rushing through my mind.

Letting go is so hard. Allowing them to live their lives in their own unique way. I am so excited for both my girls and at the same time sad for myself.
When they were younger I could take care of everything, solve all their problems, and I pray their problems remain small enough for me to continue to solve.

As a mum I get so worried for them, I am only relaxed when they are all at home where I know they are safe. It will soon be legal to go clubbing, drink alcohol, gamble, vote,smoke, and marry if they want, Are they ready? I would like to think they are, they wont need my permission for anything (what idiot thought that was a good idea}. Not someone who has kids that's for sure.

No comments: